DCA configuration rules
Post date: Dec 13, 2013 1:49:52 PM
There are three basic types of racks that can be shipped from Manufacturing: System -
DCA1-SYSRACK, Aggregation - DCA1-AGGREG and Expansion -
DCA1-EXPAND. The following rules apply for population of racks:
1. A configuration of two racks or smaller will use one System and one Aggregation rack.
2. A configuration of one to six racks will use a System and Aggregation for the first two racks and Expansion for each remaining rack.
3. A configuration of one to twelve racks will use a System as the first rack, aggregation as the second rack, and expansion for the remaining racks.
4. The largest configuration allowed is 12 racks.
5. The smallest configuration allowed is 1/4 rack
6. Each rack can contain 4, 8, 12 or 16 servers.
7. Racks must be fully populated with 16 servers before an additional rack is added.