Greenplum Database 220.127.116.11 Release Notes
Post date: Oct 26, 2013 1:41:43 PM
Greenplum Database 4.2.5.x runs on the following platforms:
• Red Hat Enterprise Linux 64-bit 5.5, 5.6, 5.7, 6.1, and 6.2
• SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 64-bit 10 SP4, 11 SP1
• Solaris x86 64-bit v10 U7, U8, U9, U10
• Oracle Unbreakable Linux 64-bit 5.5
• CentOS 64-bit 5.5, 5.6, 5.7, 6.1, and 6.2
Greenplum Database 4.2.5.x supports Data Domain Boost on Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Greenplum Database 4.2.5.x supports Data Domain Boost SDK version 18.104.22.168 with
DDOS 22.214.171.124, 5.1 and 5.2.
GPDB 126.96.36.199 was certified against the following DCA versions:
• DCA v1 - ISO_VERSION="188.8.131.52"
• DCA v2 - ISO_VERSION="184.108.40.206"
Note: For the most recent server platform support information for Greenplum Database, check the EMC Support Matrix (ESM).
To access the ESM, go to the Support Zone home page and click the link E-Lab Interoperability Navigator.
In the E-Lab Interoperability Navigator, search for Greenplum Database and add one or more search results to the search cart. Click Get Results to display links to
EMC Support Statements.
Changed and Deprecated Features
• For Greenplum Database 220.127.116.11, the Greenplum Database autovacuum daemon is no longer triggered to run on a Greenplum Database segment. Previously it ran in
a segment-local context. The daemon was used for transaction ID (XID) management.
Greenplum Database issues a warning when a significant portion of the transaction IDs are no longer available. Greenplum Database stops creating transactions when the lack of available transaction IDs might cause performance or transaction management issues.
The Greenplum Database configuration parameter xid_warn_limit controls when the warning is displayed. The configuration parameter xid_stop_limit controls when Greenplum Database stops creating transactions.
For information about transaction ID management and using the VACUUM command as part of system maintenance, see Chapter 8, “Routine System Maintenance Tasks” in the Greenplum Database System Administrator Guide. For information about the VACUUM command and the configuration parameters, see the
Greenplum Database System Reference Guide.
• For Greenplum Database 18.104.22.168 gpcheck utility, the -m and -s options are deprecated and will be removed in a future release.For information about gpcheck, see the Greenplum Database Utility Guide.
Greenplum Database 22.214.171.124 includes enhancements in this area:
Checking Greenplum Database System Host Configuration
The --local option has been added to the Greenplum Database utility gpcheck. You can specify the --local option to check the configuration of the local Greenplum
Database system host without SSH authentication. See the Greenplum Database Utility Guide for information about gpcheck.